Tuesday, December 1, 2009

solar flashlight review



  

My personal review of this led flashlight. See the pictures.



You'll see flashlights like this. Advertised on Ebay or in 168 mall as solar charged flashlights. Its a scam. This one cost me 90 pesos in 168 mall 2 weeks ago. I bought one since I'm waiting for my fenix e01.

3 leds. Decent light for a keychain light. Enough to walk on a dark street. But its dead now. Opening it up shows this (see pics above). You see a lithium button cell, which is not rechargeable. The solar cell does work. Turn on the switch and place the solar cell under strong light and you can see a faint glow from the leds.

Rating: 1 out of 5

update: I was going to use my canon 590IS to try to take some beamshots like the pro reviewers. This 6000 peso P&S digicam has manual controls so I can fudge around with the aperture and shutter settings. But like I said, its dead. I'm not throwing any more money on this lemon. If you see stuff like this sold in 168 mall, please inform the saleslady that it isnt rechargeable.

No comments:

projectwonderful adszz

Nuffnag Adzz

Slashdot It

Followers