This is a nifty freeware application. It does several things
- It analyzes your PC as it boots and lists down all the programs that load on startup
- It tells you how many seconds each program adds to your boot time
- It gives you an estimate of how long it will take your PC to boot
- You can disable a program from loading on startup or delay it from loading until your PC is idle
- It uses a wiki style database to categorize each program into "optional", must load during boot and "you can disable this if you know what you're doing"
- It also uses the database to tell you what will happen if you do disable that program
- You can add comments to the database. This helps the website recognize more programs
- The program monitors all programs you install on your PC and it even graphs the boot time so you can see how installing the program affects your boot time.
Soluto - How to use Soluto Beta from Soluto on Vimeo.
Link to website.
UPDATE: the new soluto has 2 new features
1. remove unnecessary addons from your browser. I've tested it on firefox so far
2. a still buggy function that detects and attempts to help you if a program crashed