Monday, June 14, 2010

Saints Row 2 review



I bought this game as a buy one take one sale on Steam. It came with Dawn of war 2: chaos rising. The wikipedia link for this game is here.

I'm not really a fan of the Grand theft auto series so I wasnt sure what to expect. I expected lots of driving, profanity and over the top violence and yes I was not disappointed. The story is a continuation of the first game in the series and since that was a console only exclusive, I wont be able to play it. No matter, the story can stand alone.

The story and the voice acting is not bad. Its even funny sometimes due to the over the top violence and situations. The side missions have enough variety to avoid being repetitive and boring. You can skip the side missions but they give extra money and you get bonuses to stats and bonus items so its worth it.

The controls on the other hand are bad if you only use the keyboard and the mouse. On foot and fighting its OK. Driving is difficult, flying a helicopter is very difficult and flying a  plane is very difficult. This game seems to be designed for a gamepad or a sterring wheel attachment

I give this a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

projectwonderful adszz

Nuffnag Adzz

Slashdot It

Followers